What is "sukha"? Sukha is a Sanskrit term that means happiness, pleasure, ease, or bliss. According to the commonly used textbook "Yoga Anatomy" by Leslie Kaminoff, "sukha" can be literally translated to "good space." And a "good space" is exactly what we hope to create.
Our mission at Sukha Yogi Retreats is to provide a safe, open space for those wishing to connect with themselves and others. We provide a space for integrating mind, body, and spirit while encouraging and nurturing spiritual, physical, and emotional growth.
Sukha Yogi Retreats provides 4- to 10-day yoga retreats at various destinations around the world. Ranging from grounding Hatha, flowing Vinyasa, calming Yoga Nidra, and gentle guided meditation, Sukha Yogi Retreats offers something for everyone and all levels of yogic abilities.
Our retreats offer each individual the space to focus inward while on their own journey as well as the opportunity to share their experience with others and connect with the group as a whole.
We aim to keep our retreats accessible, inclusive, nourishing, and enriching. Sukha Yogi Retreats also provides private retreats that are perfect for bachelorette, family, business, and women-only getaways. For private retreat information, please contact us directly for more details!
Upcoming Retreat Information:
AFRICA: Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
Session 1: March 20 to 24, 2019
Session 2: March 24 to 28, 2019
Join us for one of our relaxing, yet exciting yoga retreats at the breath-taking, all-inclusive Zambezi Sands Resort, an ecotourist destination, which is a part of the Imvelo Safari Lodges in Zimbabwe, Africa.
What's included in the retreat cost?:
- Yoga classes
- Guided Mediations and other activities
- All-inclusive amenities of the resort
- Luxurious room
What does each room offer?:
- En-suite bathroom
- Private deck overlooking the Zambezi River
- Outdoor shower
- Private splash pool
- Ceiling fans
- Stocked minibar
- Hair dryer
- Mosquito net and repellent
- Electronic safes
- Mobile LED lamp
- Bath robes
- Complimentary laundry facilities
- Shared suite has two double beds
What does "All-Inclusive" include?:
- All meals, soft drinks, beers, wines & local spirits
- Return pickups and drop offs from Victoria Falls Town or Victoria Falls Airport
- 1 free return shuttle to Victoria Falls town per stay
- Game activities as available by vehicle, boat or on foot, canoeing and sundowner drifts
- Service of a guide on safari
- Zambezi National Park entry fees
DAY 1 (Welcome):
• Road transfer from VFA to the Zambezi Sands Hub where you will be picked up by a 4x4 vehicle to take you the remaining distance to Zambezi Sands River Camp (approx. 1hr).
• Settle in, unpack and take in the stunning view of the Zambezi River flowing right in front of your room.
• Gentle afternoon yoga session offered to help unwind from the commute.
• Sunset drinks to be enjoyed to welcome you and to get to know your yoga instructors.
• Freshen up and indulge in a 3 course dinner in the elegant main lodge area.
• Early morning Yoga class listening to the sounds of the wild animals and nature of the Zambezi National Park followed by a delicious breakfast.
• Morning transfer to town (1 hour) to go see the majestic Victoria Falls and take a walk through the rainforest.
• Take a visit to the curio shops and afterwards have some lunch in town.
• Return transfer to the camp where an evening meditation session awaits you.
• Freshen up and enjoy a three course dinner underneath the stars.
• An early yoga session or treat yourself to a morning walk through the park, ending up with a bush breakfast and a stretching session on the banks of the Zambezi River.
• Return to camp for some time to relax at your private room on the deck or choose to have a spa treatment at a time that suits your preference. Other adventures are also available, menu upon request.
• Lunch awaits you as you relax and soak in the river view.
• Afternoon riverside game drive to see what wildlife is on view in the park.
• Enjoy a dinner on your third night of the retreat out under the stars.
• Wake up at sunrise and experience a calming yoga session on the deck to get the day started. A cooked breakfast is on offer afterwards.
• Take a guided walk into Zambezi National Park, escorted by a fully licensed and experienced guide who will share their knowledge and love of the bush with you. Getting close up to Africa's pristine wildlife will be an experience never to be forgotten.
• Return to the camp to relax and have lunch while putting your feet up.
• Treat yourself to a relaxing spa treatment, or check out different activities offered through the Adventure Zone
• Climb aboard our pontoon for a river cruise where you will experience a meditation session while floating down the Zambezi River listening to the water flowing through the rapids.
• Enjoy an afternoon yoga session, or relax on your deck and enjoy the beauty that is the Zambezi River.
• Freshen up, and enjoy a delicious three course meal in the main lodge dining area.
DAY 5 (Final):
• As the sun rises, partake in an early morning Yoga session listening to the rapids of the Zambezi River followed by tea or coffee and a tasty breakfast on the main lodge deck.
• Transfer to VFA via the Hub (1 hour) to depart and say goodbye. Or continue with visit in Vic Falls.
Cost (per yogi):
Early Bird Rate (if booked by January 31, 2019)
Shared: $2,300 USD
Single: $2,850 USD
February 1, 2019 or later -
Shared: $2,500 USD
Single: $3,200 USD
25% Deposit Required upon booking
Remaining 75% due by March 1, 2019
After March 1, 2019 sign-up, payment in full required
Limited space for each session (10-12 yogis per each session) , and they're filling up quickly. Contact directly to reserve your space now!
**Cost does not include airfare or other requirements for entry into the country. Please plan ahead regarding requirements for entry into Zimbabwe**